[Theory] How to speed up python code execution / pypy vs GPU

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Sat Nov 5 14:32:18 EDT 2016

On Sun, 6 Nov 2016 04:10 am, Mr. Wrobel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some skeptics asked my why there is a reason to use Python against of
> any other "not interpreted" languages, like objective-C.

Here's the "Hello World" program in Python:

--- cut ---

print("Hello World")

--- cut ---

Here's the same program in Objective C:

--- cut ---

#import <Foundation/Foundation.h>

int main (int argc, const char * argv[])
{
        NSAutoreleasePool *pool = [[NSAutoreleasePool alloc] init];
        NSLog (@"Hello, World!");
        [pool drain];
        return 0;
}