String concatenation

sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com
Wed May 11 17:30:31 EDT 2016

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 12:14:43 PM UTC-7, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I don't blame people for not wanting to use their real name on the
> > Internet, especially if you're a woman.  There are a lot of crazy people
> > out there that will find out where you live and send death threats just
> > because you disagree with them or you happen to be a woman that enjoys
> > video games or exists in the tech world.
>
> FUD and paranoia.  And this is _not_ the Internet.
>
> --
> PointedEars
>
> Twitter: @PointedEars2
> Please do not cc me. / Bitte keine Kopien per E-Mail.

You call it FUD and paranoia, I call it reality.  Are you familiar with the term "doxxing"?  Are you familiar with the shenanigans of GamerGate and Anonymous/4chan?  Or even some people on reddit.  It doesn't just happen to celebrities, either.  Is it likely to happen to me?  No, not really, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be concerned at the possibility.

And how is this mailing list NOT part of the Internet?