String concatenation (was: Steve D'Aprano, you're the "master". What's wrong with this concatenation statement?)

sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 20:38:15 EDT 2016

On Sunday, May 8, 2016 at 5:44:25 PM UTC-7, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> Also, it would be a good idea if you posted under your real name.  Internet
> is the thing with cables; Usenet is the thing with people.  I for one tend
> to avoid communicating with few-letter entities; exceptions to that would
> probably include only E.T., M.J., ALF, and K.I.T.T.
>
> --
> PointedEars
>
> Twitter: @PointedEars2
> Please do not cc me. / Bitte keine Kopien per E-Mail.

I don't blame people for not wanting to use their real name on the Internet, especially if you're a woman.  There are a lot of crazy people out there that will find out where you live and send death threats just because you disagree with them or you happen to be a woman that enjoys video games or exists in the tech world.