Whittle it on down

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Thu May 5 13:54:11 EDT 2016

On Thu, 5 May 2016 10:31 pm, DFS wrote:

> You are out of your mind.

That's twice you've tried to put me down, first by dismissing my comments
about text processing with "Linguist much", and now an outright insult. The
first time I laughed it off and made a joke about it. I won't do that
again.

You asked whether it was better to extract the matching strings into a new
list, or remove them in place in the existing list. I not only showed you
how to do both, but I tried to give you the mental tools to understand when
you should pick one answer over the other. And your response is to insult
me and question my sanity.

Well, DFS, I might be crazy, but I'm not stupid. If that's really how you
feel about my answers, I won't make the mistake of wasting my time
answering your questions in the future.

Over to you now.

--
Steven