How to become more motivated to learn Python

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Wed May 4 05:51:10 EDT 2016

Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu>:

> In case you like minecraft, I just discovered this today
> https://www.nostarch.com/programwithminecraft "Learn to Program with
> Minecraft"
>
> It uses a socket client written in 3.5 to interface to a minecraft 1.8
> socket server written in java 7. One can at least do simple things
> like move the player, identify and place blocks, and put text in the
> chat box.

Hm, I think it would be more exciting to construct a small Python engine
using redstone.

(I actually went pretty far trying to build a tiny, functional CPU using
redstone. I can tell you it's tedious work. Makes you appreciate the
advances in transistor density in the past half-century. Too bad
redstone is glitchy -- by design, I suppose. After your contraption
becomes large enough, it keeps glitching out and you spend all your time
debugging and repairing it.)

Marko