How to become more motivated to learn Python

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed May 4 03:44:16 EDT 2016

On 5/3/2016 10:55 PM, Cai Gengyang wrote:

> Guess it would be really cool to work on AI and games. ( I have been
> addicted to computer games for a long time lol --- To be able to
> design a blockbuster like Starcraft 2, Diablo 3 or Final Fantasy 7
> would be an incredible feat !)

In case you like minecraft, I just discovered this today
https://www.nostarch.com/programwithminecraft
"Learn to Program with Minecraft"

It uses a socket client written in 3.5 to interface to a minecraft 1.8
socket server written in java 7.  One can at least do simple things like
move the player, identify and place blocks, and put text in the chat box.

--
Terry Jan Reedy