[OT'ish] Is there a list as good as this for Javascript

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn PointedEars at web.de
Fri Mar 25 21:36:53 EDT 2016

Ned Batchelder wrote:

> Chris, I apologize for Thomas.

How dare you to speak for me, and *again* the rest of the subscribers?
There is nothing to apologize for when I am *helping* someone by giving them
useful information.  You can apologize for your own presumptous behavior
instead.

> is main goal on this list seems to be pointing out when people are wrong,
> over the smallest details.

Certainly I point out when people are wrong.   That is how we develop
*knowledge*.  For that it does not matter of you in your blissful ignorance
think that those are “smallest details”, which they are not.  The underlying
process is called *learning*.  You should try it sometime.

> His secondary goal is enforcing some imaginary rule about real names,

It is not an imaginary rule, it is a social convention that follows from
another social convention, simple politeness.  When you are seeking the help
of people that you do not know, there is a principle of basic politeness
saying that you should tell them who you are.  Especially if those people
have already extended you the politeness to tell them who *they* are; like
here, when you have read their names already.

Politeness is another thing you should try sometime, as I see that, your
having no valid argument at all, you like to throw dirt instead.

> Thomas is not typical of the Python community. We are mostly nice people.
> :)

You do not even know me.  I *am* a nice person, if only for the fact that I
do not let people suffer from their own ignorance, and I encourage them to
educate and enlighten themselves in order not be dependent on people like
you who tell them what they should think.

So *evidentially*, *you* are not a nice person.  According to your own
"logic", *you* do not belong in the Python community.  Go away.

--
PointedEars

Twitter: @PointedEars2