[OT'ish] Is there a list as good as this for Javascript

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Fri Mar 25 19:36:03 EDT 2016

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 5:17:21 PM UTC-4, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> cl at isbd.net wrote:
>
> > Occasionally I have to make forays into Javascript, can anyone
> > recommend a place similar to this list where Javascript questions can
> > be asked?  The trouble is that there are very many usenet Javascript
> > lists and it's difficult to guess which one[es] might be good.
>
> There is no Javascript.
>
> There are no Usenet lists.
>
> This is not only a Python *mailing* list, it is also mirrored as an
> international Usenet _newsgroup_, <news:comp.lang.python> (which I am
> reading).
>
> If you can accept all of that, then the international Usenet _newsgroup_
> <news:comp.lang.javascript> (where I am posting primarily) is for you.
> So are other national/language-specific newsgroups on the JavaScripts and
> other ECMAScript implementations.  In your newsreader, search for newsgroups
> whose name contains "javascript".
>
> Next time, read <news:news.answers> and STFW first, and get a real name.

Chris, I apologize for Thomas.  His main goal on this list seems to be
pointing out when people are wrong, over the smallest details.  His
secondary goal is enforcing some imaginary rule about real names, though
he couldn't be bothered to read your post thoroughly enough to discover yours.

Thomas is not typical of the Python community. We are mostly nice people. :)

--Ned.