How to waste computer memory?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Mar 17 20:51:51 EDT 2016

On Thursday 17 March 2016 17:37:02 alister wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Mar 2016 07:42:30 +1100, Chris Angelico wrote:
> >>
> >> How about a list of languages that Unicode handles better than
> >> ASCII? Like almost every language *except* English.
> >
> > Like every language *including* English. You can pretend that ASCII
> > is enough, but you do lose some information.
> >
> > ChrisA
>
> as we all seam to have bitten the troll's thread
> "how to waste computer memory"
> give it to an delusion-ed incompetent to play with
>
> it is now 2016 not 1978, Memory is cheap. plentifully and fast there
> is more than enough to go arround

While you all are trying to play can you top this, I just have to comment
that in 1978 I paid $400 for a kit to put 4k of static ram in a Cosmac
Super Elf.  And the code I wrote for it, looking up in the RCA
programmers manual to get the hex value I then entered via the onboard
monitor facility with its 6 digit led display, was still running in 1995
at that tv station.

So the obvious question then is, will any of your python code still be
running and doing its labor saving and dead on the video frame timing
job several times daily, 17 years hence?

> --
> May your camel be as swift as the wind.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)