How to waste computer memory?

alister alister.ware at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 17 17:43:53 EDT 2016

On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 21:37:02 +0000, alister wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Mar 2016 07:42:30 +1100, Chris Angelico wrote:

>>> How about a list of languages that Unicode handles better than ASCII?
>>> Like almost every language *except* English.
>>
>> Like every language *including* English. You can pretend that ASCII is
>> enough, but you do lose some information.
>>
>> ChrisA
>
> as we all seam to have bitten the troll's thread "how to waste computer
> memory"
> give it to an delusion-ed incompetent to play with
>
> it is now 2016 not 1978, Memory is cheap. plentifully and fast there is
> more than enough to go arround

what is should had added is that there are many methods to reduce memory
usage but they mostly increase processor load & slow execution
when there is plenty of memory it makes more sense to code for speed even
if this uses more memory

how are you measuring efficiency speed , memory usage or a combination of
both?

Define waste if the memory used gets the task completed faster is it
wasted?

--
In 1869 the waffle iron was invented for people who had wrinkled waffles.