AIX build and (potentially missing modules

Michael Felt michael at felt.demon.nl
Thu Mar 17 19:02:41 EDT 2016

I have been packaging python for AIX - and wanting minimal dependancies
I have been ignoring the final messages from make.

Personally, I do not see any real harm in the missing *audio "bits", but
how terrible are the other missing "bits" for normal python programs?

Many thanks for feedback!

building dbm using ndbm
INFO: Can't locate Tcl/Tk libs and/or headers

Python build finished, but the necessary bits to build these modules
were not found:
_bsddb             _curses_panel      _sqlite3
_tkinter           bsddb185           dl
gdbm               imageop            linuxaudiodev
ossaudiodev        readline           spwd
sunaudiodev