Need help on a project To :"Create a class called BankAccount with the following parameters "

chetam.chetzy at gmail.com chetam.chetzy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 20:17:48 EDT 2016

On Friday, January 8, 2016 at 11:38:11 AM UTC-5, acushl... at gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, 30 December 2015 19:21:32 UTC+1, Won Chang  wrote:
> > i have these task which i believe i have done well to some level
> >
> > Create a function get_algorithm_result to implement the algorithm below
> >
> > 1- Get a list of numbers L1, L2, L3....LN as argument 2- Assume L1 is the largest, Largest = L1 3- Take next number Li from the list and do the following 4- If Largest is less than Li 5- Largest = Li 6- If Li is last number from the list then 7- return Largest and come out 8- Else repeat same process starting from step 3
> >
> > Create a function prime_number that does the following Takes as parameter an integer and Returns boolean value true if the value is prime or Returns boolean value false if the value is not prime
> >
> > so i came up with this code below
> >
> > def get_algorithm_result(my_list):
> > if not any(not type(y) is int for y in my_list):
> >     largest = 0
> >     for item in range(0,len(my_list)):
> >         if largest < my_list[item]:
> >             largest = my_list[item]
> >     return largest
> > else:
> >
> >     return(my_list[-1])
> >
> > def prime_number(integer):
> > if integer%2==0 and 2!=integer:
> >     return False
> > else:
> >     return True
> >
> > get_algorithm_result([1, 78, 34, 12, 10, 3])
> > get_algorithm_result(["apples", "oranges", "mangoes", "banana", "zoo"])
> > prime_number(1)
> > prime_number(78)
> > prime_number(11)
> > for the question above, there is a unittes which reads
> >
> > import unittest
> >
> > class AlgorithmTestCases(unittest.TestCase):
> >   def test_maximum_number_one(self):
> >     result = get_algorithm_result([1, 78, 34, 12, 10, 3])
> >     self.assertEqual(result, 78, msg="Incorrect number")
> >
> >   def test_maximum_number_two(self):
> >     result = get_algorithm_result(["apples", "oranges", "mangoes", "banana", "zoo"])
> > self.assertEqual(result, "zoo", msg="Incorrect number")
> >
> >   def test_prime_number_one(self):
> >     result = prime_number(1)
> >     self.assertEqual(result, True, msg="Result is invalid")
> >
> >   def test_prime_number_two(self):
> >     result = prime_number(78)
> >     self.assertEqual(result, False, msg="Result is invalid")
> >
> >   def test_prime_number_three(self):
> >     result = prime_number(11)
> >     self.assertEqual(result, True, msg="Result is invalid")
> > but once i run my code ,it returns error saying Test Spec Failed
> >
> > Your solution failed to pass all the tests
> > what is actually wrong with my code?
>
> I had to use a hack to bypass it, worked and I moved on to next quiz

Hello, I have this same assignment to create Bank account and I am new to python. please help me out.

Create a class called BankAccount

    Create a constructor that takes in an integer and assigns this to a `balance` property.
    Create a method called `deposit` that takes in cash deposit amount and updates the balance accordingly.
    Create a method called `withdraw` that takes in cash withdrawal amount and updates the balance accordingly. if amount is greater than balance return `"invalid transaction"`
    Create a subclass MinimumBalanceAccount of the BankAccount class

import unittest
class AccountBalanceTestCases(unittest.TestCase):
  def setUp(self):
    self.my_account = BankAccount(90)

  def test_balance(self):
    self.assertEqual(self.my_account.balance, 90, msg='Account Balance Invalid')

  def test_deposit(self):
    self.my_account.deposit(90)
    self.assertEqual(self.my_account.balance, 180, msg='Deposit method inaccurate')

  def test_withdraw(self):
    self.my_account.withdraw(40)
    self.assertEqual(self.my_account.balance, 50, msg='Withdraw method inaccurate')

  def test_invalid_operation(self):
    self.assertEqual(self.my_account.withdraw(1000), "invalid transaction", msg='Invalid transaction')

  def test_sub_class(self):
    self.assertTrue(issubclass(MinimumBalanceAccount, BankAccount), msg='No true subclass of BankAccount')