Hello

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Mar 11 04:49:46 EST 2016

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 02:28 pm, rubengoodson3 at yahoo.com wrote:

> I am having trouble installing the Python software.

Make sure your computer is turned on. I can't tell you how many times I've
tried to install Python, and I type commands and click icons and nothing
happens. It's really frustrating when you finally realise that the reason
nothing is working is because the computer is turned off! (I thought I just
had the screen brightness turned way down.)

If that's not your problem, I'm afraid you'll have to tell us what you
tried, and what results you got. Remember that we're not watching you
install, so we have no idea of what you did.

What version of Python did you try to install?

Where did it come from? Give us the actual URL, don't just say "from the
website".

What OS are you running? What version? 32-bit or 64-bit?

How did you install it? What commands did you type?

What happened? Did you get an error message? What did it say? Please COPY
and PASTE any results if you can. Don't post a screen shot, because this
mailing list is also a newsgroup and attachments will be deleted. If you
absolute must use a screen shot, post it to https://imgur.com/

--
Steven