Pyhon 2.x or 3.x, which is faster?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 22:43:32 EST 2016

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 1:38 PM, Jon Ribbens
<jon+usenet at unequivocal.co.uk> wrote:
> On 2016-03-10, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 10:48 AM, Jon Ribbens
>><jon+usenet at unequivocal.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> You can't even support English text properly without Unicode.
>>> Plenty of English words use non-ASCII characters:
>>> café, crêpe, façade, naïve, dæmon, etc.
>>
>> Like I said, a subset of English.
>
> I profusely apologise for so rudely agreeing with you.

I snapped off a very quick response as I was about to meet with a
student, but let me assure you that I was not offended in any way by
your post. You basically gave examples of exactly the problem that I
alluded to with the words "a subset of", and it's an important enough
consideration that it's well worth having the examples there.

ChrisA