Creating barrel distortion of video

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Mar 8 20:45:34 EST 2016

semeon.risom at gmail.com writes:

> This may seem like an odd request for the main python google group

(Note that this is not a Google group. Google may be presenting this
forum to you, but it's not exclusive to Google and many of us don't
participate there.)

> but I thought this question might have answers coming from different
> backgrounds that utilize python.

Your question is fine for this forum. Thanks for investigating Python!

> I'm trying to find a way of rendering an optical distortion on a video
> I will be presenting through the use of a head-mounted display. This
> distortion is necessary to correct the video due to the optics being
> used. Any advice on a module(s) or examples that already do this?

I have no experience with such a library. Possible candidates include:

* moviepy: Video editing with Python
  <URL:https://pypi.python.org/pypi/moviepy/>

* pygame: wrapper module for the SDL multimedia library
  <URL:https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Pygame/1.7.1>

--
 \                              “Holy hole in a donut, Batman!” —Robin |
Ben Finney