Question

Chris Warrick kwpolska at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 13:22:41 EST 2016

On 7 March 2016 at 19:09, Jon Ribbens <jon+usenet at unequivocal.co.uk> wrote:
> On 2016-03-07, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 9:39 AM, Ben Morales <grupopetra2010 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I am trying to download Python but I have windows 10 and I do not see a 64
>>> bit download for my operating system. Do you have a 64 bit for windows?
>>
>> What page are you looking at?
>> https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-351/ has downloads for
>> both Windows x86 and Windows x86-64.
>
> It only appears to have downloads for 32-bit, or 64-bit AMD processors,
> not 64-bit Intel processors.
> --

Modern Intel processors use the amd64 (aka x86_64) architecture.
Intel’s Itanium architecture (IA-64) never really took off, and was
not supported by the consumer versions of Windows (other than XP x64).

(Not to mention 32-bit processors are sometimes called i386…i686,
where the i stands for Intel, and those processors were also
manufactured by AMD and others)

PGP: 5EAAEA16