Continuing indentation

Erik python at lucidity.plus.com
Fri Mar 4 20:45:11 EST 2016

Hi Ben,

On 05/03/16 01:05, Ben Finney wrote:
> Certainly you are allowed. You should not expect that suggestion to be
> compelling unless it is accompanied by *factual*, rather than emotive,
> argument.

I thought I had done that. I pointed out that LHS (whitespace) is
significant when it comes to code structure but RHS seems significant
when it comes to a condition structure (according to this PEP's
recommendation). That inconsistency was my argument in the message you
responded to.

> That may be enough to rule
> out the option you are suggesting, because we're not starting from a
> blank slate of no existing code.

And that's fair enough. I certainly have no desire to argue this until
everyone agrees with me (which is what some people are accusing me of) -
I'm just replying to those who keep saying "because PEP8".

I'm done with this thread.

BR,
E.