Continuing indentation

Erik python at lucidity.plus.com
Fri Mar 4 19:52:44 EST 2016

On 05/03/16 00:23, Simon Ward wrote:
> Style guides are always going to be considered incorrect by some
> people, but they should aim more for consistency (the hobgoblin that
> may be), which is what makes code easier to grok.

So you're saying that it doesn't matter if something is good or bad, as
long as it's consistently so? I don't agree. Am I not allowed to suggest
that the style guide is wrong in what it suggests?

FWIW, my issue here is that the language defines that the structure of
the code is strictly defined by the indentation on the LHS (which is a
feature I like). This PEP recommends that the structure of the condition
should be determined by the keywords appearing on the RHS. That, to me,
is inconsistency. I would prefer it if the PEP suggested that the LHS is
significant in this case also.

E.