Continuing indentation

Simon Ward simon+python at bleah.co.uk
Fri Mar 4 19:23:01 EST 2016

On 4 March 2016 23:31:43 GMT+00:00, Erik <python at lucidity.plus.com> wrote:
>On 04/03/16 21:14, sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com wrote:
>> You guys are spending way too much time fighting over something that
>is clearly subjective.  Nobody is "correct" here.  There's no right and
>wrong, just simple preference.
>
>I will take that as a vote +1 that PEP8 is wrong (*). ;)
>
>E.
>
>(*) PEP8 defines a specific format and you are stating that no specific
>
>format can be considered correct.

Style guides are always going to be considered incorrect by some people, but they should aim more for consistency (the hobgoblin that may be), which is what makes code easier to grok. Stop arguing, start thinking about others who will have to read your code. What is better in your subjective opinion means very little. Having commonly understandable style is what matters, and what style guides help (including PEP8).

Simon