Request More Help With XBM Image

Wildman best_lay at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 15:24:15 EST 2016

On Tue, 01 Mar 2016 20:30:59 +0100, Christian Gollwitzer wrote:

> Am 29.02.16 um 22:51 schrieb Wildman:
>> I want to take an image file, convert it to XBM format and
>> display it.  Thanks to Mr. Otten I can open and display the
>> XBM image without any problems.  The script first calls an
>> external program for the image conversion then I can open
>> and display it.  Of course, I am left with the XBM file that
>> needs to be deleted.
>
> I think you are solving the wrong problem. If your aim is to just
> display an image using Tkinter, you can use PIL to read the image and
> transfer the bits into a Tkinter photoimage object. For an example, look
> here:
>
> http://code.activestate.com/recipes/521918-pil-and-tkinter-to-display-images/
>
> (this might need some updating if you are using Python 3)
>
> 	Christian

Thanks.  I have read that page, among many others, during my
research.  It deals with an actual image file.  I am dealing
with an image that is not a file.  It was redirected to stdout
from another process and was never saved to the hard drive.

Anyway, with Mr. Otten's help the problem is resolved.

--
<Wildman> GNU/Linux user #557453
"Real patriotism is a willingness to challenge