Request More Help With XBM Image

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Tue Mar 1 14:30:59 EST 2016

Am 29.02.16 um 22:51 schrieb Wildman:
> I want to take an image file, convert it to XBM format and
> display it.  Thanks to Mr. Otten I can open and display the
> XBM image without any problems.  The script first calls an
> external program for the image conversion then I can open
> and display it.  Of course, I am left with the XBM file that
> needs to be deleted.

I think you are solving the wrong problem. If your aim is to just
display an image using Tkinter, you can use PIL to read the image and
transfer the bits into a Tkinter photoimage object. For an example, look
here:

http://code.activestate.com/recipes/521918-pil-and-tkinter-to-display-images/

(this might need some updating if you are using Python 3)

	Christian