Controlling the Mac OSX GUI via Python?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Jun 30 16:30:56 EDT 2016

On 6/30/2016 3:22 PM, maitlandmontmorency at gmail.com wrote:
> I'd like to use Python to do some simple OSX GUI manipulations such
> as automatically arranging windows, periodically refreshing
> applications across multiple desktops, etc..  Is this possible and if
> so, is there a preferred package?

Cpython comes with about 16 *nix-specifio modules, 4 Window-specific
modules, and none for Mac.  People doing serious Windows-specific work
usually download other packages.  Unless you can do everything you want
by calling system utilities via subprocess, you will have to to the same.

> Seeking FMs to RT, so to speak.

????

--
Terry Jan Reedy