Controlling the Mac OSX GUI via Python?

maitlandmontmorency at gmail.com maitlandmontmorency at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 15:22:18 EDT 2016

I'd like to use Python to do some simple OSX GUI manipulations such as automatically arranging windows, periodically refreshing applications across multiple desktops, etc..  Is this possible and if so, is there a preferred package?

I know that Qt, Tkinter, and such are available for heavy-duty custom work but I think these are intended to create UIs from the ground up vs. the maintenance work I'd like to do.

I have tried to learn Applescript and Automator but they aren't really scratching my itch.  I am more comfortable with Python.  Seeking FMs to RT, so to speak.