Errors in installation of matplotlib and pandas on Macbook

Madhavan Bomidi blmadhavan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 01:54:41 EDT 2016

Hello ChrisA,

Thanks for your suggestion. My script works fine when I run the command 'export LC_ALL=en_AU.utf8' before starting python.

I am from India and using US English and international keyboard. I also tried using the command 'export LC_ALL=en_USA.utf8' and the python script works fine. How can I avoid running this command everytime when I want to start Python?

Can I add the following two lines to .bash_profile?

export LC_CTYPE=en_US.utf8
export LC_ALL=en_US.utf8

Look forward to your response.
Thanking you in advance,