Question on compiling on linux

alister alister.ware at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 28 07:27:15 EDT 2016

On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 21:39:42 -0600, Michael Torrie wrote:

>> On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 10:01 am, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
>>
>>> The Outlook style works well in a business environment where the
>>> recipient is likely the original sender of the quoted text, and
>>> doesn't need the context -- the quoted copy is just a courtesy copy in
>>> this case.
>>

>> No it doesn't work well. It is shit in business environments too. It
>> only works well in one tiny subset of cases:
>
> Indeed. Sometimes it took three emails to get the other person to
> actually read what I wrote and answer my questions.  I would email with
> a few details and question, and he'd immediately top-post back to me
> with a one-sentence answer that had very little to do with my question
> and very apparent that he never read anything I wrote.  If he had
> middle-posted, while he was trimming my reply he would have read or
> re-read what I wrote and responded appropriately.
>
> It's just unbelievable how horrid email communication is in a business
> environment when top-posting is prevalent.  I tried on occasion to urge
> people to not top-post for these reasons, but by and large people just
> thumbed up their nose and went on not reading emails and top-posting.  I
> guess it's a special management talent.

this is simply because in a business environment emails are not sent to
be read & inform the recipient, they are sent to protect the sender.

however as the sender never edits the email chain (again for self
protection) it soon becomes an equal pain in the arse to scroll to the
bottom of a 26 page email for the simple 1 line reply.

email for internal communication should be strongly discoraged practice.
PICK UP THE BLOODY PHONE PEOPLE

<rant over>

--
Saturday night in Toledo Ohio,