Question on compiling on linux

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 23:39:42 EDT 2016

On 06/27/2016 08:28 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 10:01 am, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
>
>> The Outlook style works well in a business environment where the
>> recipient is likely the original sender of the quoted text, and doesn't
>> need the context -- the quoted copy is just a courtesy copy in this case.
>

> No it doesn't work well. It is shit in business environments too. It only
> works well in one tiny subset of cases:

Indeed. Sometimes it took three emails to get the other person to
actually read what I wrote and answer my questions.  I would email with
a few details and question, and he'd immediately top-post back to me
with a one-sentence answer that had very little to do with my question
and very apparent that he never read anything I wrote.  If he had
middle-posted, while he was trimming my reply he would have read or
re-read what I wrote and responded appropriately.

It's just unbelievable how horrid email communication is in a business
environment when top-posting is prevalent.  I tried on occasion to urge
people to not top-post for these reasons, but by and large people just
thumbed up their nose and went on not reading emails and top-posting.  I
guess it's a special management talent.