Assignment Versus Equality

Gregory Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sun Jun 26 19:38:21 EDT 2016

BartC wrote:
> I did a year of it in the 1970s. Looks funny in lower case though.

It's interesting how our perceptions of such things change.
Up until my second year of university, my only experiences
of computing had all been in upper case. Then we got a
lecturer who wrote all his Pascal on the blackboard in
lower case, and it looked extremely weird. Until then the
idea of writing code in anything other than upper case
hadn't even occurred to me.

I quickly got used to it though, and nowadays, code written
in upper case looks very quaint and old-fashioned!

--
Greg