Method Chaining

Lawrence D’Oliveiro lawrencedo99 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 18:25:24 EDT 2016

On Saturday, June 18, 2016 at 4:48:30 AM UTC+12, Rustom Mody wrote:

> One thing about python OOP that irritates me is the 'self.' clutter.
> With a Pascal/VB style with-statement its naturally taken care of

I used to use “with”-statements back in my Pascal days. Then I had this nasty bug where a piece of code I wrote didn’t mean what I thought it meant (which wasn’t supposed to happen in Pascal). For months I blamed the bug on the app API (HyperCard)...

Once I realized my mistake, I went off “with”-statements completely.