Python 3.6.0a2 is now available

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Thu Jun 16 04:41:39 EDT 2016

On Thursday 16 June 2016 14:36, Lawrence D’Oliveiro wrote:

> On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 2:19:33 AM UTC+12, MRAB wrote:
>
>> Coincidentally, there was recently a discussion on the python-dev list
>> about whether to switch to C99.
>
> Only slightly less than a generation after it came out...

You say that as if this is the first time that anyone has raised this issue. It
comes up, oh, at least once a year, sometimes more.

Like the last few dozen times, the answer is still no, we still can't switch to
requiring C99 yet, as there are still users that rely on compilers with partial
support for C99. But unlike previous times, now we can begin to use some C99
features, provided they are available on the important C compilers we support.

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2016-June/144876.html

You should read the whole thread before commenting:

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2016-June/144816.html

--
Steve