Python 3.6.0a2 is now available

MRAB python at mrabarnett.plus.com
Wed Jun 15 10:19:06 EDT 2016

On 2016-06-15 14:38, cjw wrote:
> On Monday, 13 June 2016 23:57:20 UTC-4, Ned Deily  wrote:
>> On behalf of the Python development community and the Python 3.6 release
>> team, I'm happy to announce the availability of Python 3.6.0a2.
>> 3.6.0a2 is the first of four planned alpha releases of Python 3.6,
>> the next major release of Python.  During the alpha phase, Python 3.6
>> remains under heavy development: additional features will be added
>> and existing features may be modified or deleted.  Please keep in mind
>> that this is a preview release and its use is not recommended for
>> production environments.
>>
>> You can find Python 3.6.0a2 here:
>>
>> https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-360a2/
>>
>> The next release of Python 3.6 will be 3.6.0a3, currently scheduled for
>> 2016-07-11.
>>
> I see that the Array Class now provides for data of the double type, this is good, but why is there no provision for data of the complex type?
>
> Is this omission intended?

The Array class supports types that are available in C, and, up until
now, the source code of CPython has been based on the C89 standard,
which lacks a complex type.

A complex type was added in the C99 standard.

Coincidentally, there was recently a discussion on the python-dev list
about whether to switch to C99.