I'm wrong or Will we fix the ducks limp?

Lawrence D’Oliveiro lawrencedo99 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 21:28:12 EDT 2016

On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 1:08:21 PM UTC+12, Gregory Ewing wrote:
> The only special-ish thing about [None] is that it's unique --
> there will never be another one like it, no matter how
> much dog breeding you do. Fortunately, it's also immortal.

Maybe not immortal, but it seems to have 533 lives.

Anybody who writes a C extension module for Python knows that Py_None is an object just like any other, and has to be treated the same in terms of managing its reference counts.

(That’s how many unbalanced calls I had to make to Py_DECREF(Py_None) before it crashed Python.)