Python on Windows with linux environment

Deborah Martin Deborah.Martin at kognitio.com
Thu Jun 2 07:30:54 EDT 2016

Try Cygwin at http://www.cygwin.com

Regards,
Deborah

-----Original Message-----
From: Python-list [mailto:python-list-bounces+deborah.martin=kognitio.com at python.org] On Behalf Of Muhammad Ali
Sent: 02 June 2016 12:23
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: Python on Windows with linux environment

Hi,

I use windows regularly, however, I use linux for only my research work at supercomputer. In my research field (materials science) most of the scripts are being written in python with linux based system. Could I installed such linux based python on my window 7? So that I can use those linux based scripts written in python and I can also write my own scripts/code without entirely changing my operating system from windows to linux.

Looking for your valuable suggestions.

Thank you.