Why not allow empty code blocks?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 16:01:26 EDT 2016

On 07/31/2016 10:04 AM, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Jul 2016 11:53:47 -0400
> "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy at Vex.Net> wrote:
>> On Mon, 01 Aug 2016 00:25:58 +1000
>> On the other hand I have no throwaway accounts.  Every address I use
>> is a primary one.  I have all sorts of methods to block spam.  None of
>> those methods involves moving my spam problem to someone else.
>
> For example...
>
> <gordon at address.invalid>: Host or domain name not found. Name service
> error for name=address.invalid type=AAAA: Host not found
>
> So I have to examine every address I reply to or deal with the bounce
> message later.  Way to move your spam problem to someone else.

I've never had this problem.  I use the mailing list side of things and
I reply to the list and I don't have bounce issues.  Besides that, he's
not using email; he's using usenet which has never required a valid
email address, real or fake.  To demand he use a real email address is
as silly as that guy that lambasts people on this list for not using
real names.

That said, I wish he'd stop posting his arguments here on this list as
he clearly doesn't use Python for anything, and hasn't used Python for
any real amount of coding.  He has no vested interest in Python so why
should his opinions matter to us?

As for spam, I hardly think spambots trolling Usenet are as effective
these days as they once were.  And most people's anti-spam filters are
pretty good.  Besides that, those of us posting to the mailing list side
of things get our real email addresses copied out into Usenet and I
haven't noticed any change in spam levels.