Python Byte Code Hacking

Vijay Kumar vijaykumar at bravegnu.org
Wed Jul 13 14:48:37 EDT 2016

Hi Everyone,
I wrote an article on Python byte code hacking. The article is available from http://www.bravegnu.org/blog/python-byte-code-hacks.html The article uses an incremental approach for explaining Python's code objects and how to modify them. Unfortunately, I am stuck with Python 2, because Python 2 does not optimize out the divide operation, at compile time, and my example sequence depends on that behavior.

I was hoping to do a talk at a regional Python conference along these lines, so thought it might be a good idea to get suggestions and feedback, from the community.

Regards,
Vijay