Were is a great place to Share your finished projects?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jul 13 00:42:36 EDT 2016

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> > Pull requests. Code review. Issues. Integration with other services.
> > All the social information around all of those interactions, and
> > more.
> >
> > If *any* of that is valuable, then yes it's important that it not be
> > locked to any one vendor.
>
> Exactly how important? Not so important as to stop slabs of Python
> from migrating to GitHub, including its pull request system.

I maintain that it is important enough to stop that.

The migration happened anyway, because not everyone is convinced of the
importance of avoiding vendor lock-in of valuable data, over criteria
such as “this person happens to like Vendor-locked Solution Foo”.

There are other projects considering such a migration; I am hopeful they
can still be reasoned with.

--
 \              “Begin with false premises and you risk reaching false |
  `\   conclusions. Begin with falsified premises and you forfeit your |