The computer that mastered Go

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Jan 31 07:46:20 EST 2016

On 1/30/2016 8:53 AM, Bernardo Sulzbach wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 6:53 PM, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Given the game, and the fact that it's Google, I would be very
>> disappointed if it's not written in Go.
>>

> Then be disappointed. The AI field seems to have strong feelings for
> Lua. However using Go instead of C++ would have promoted their baby a
> little.

Google acquired DeepMind 2 years ago (for a reported $400 million).
DeepMind began as an independent company at least 2 years before.  One
of the founders wrote Theme Park in the 1990s with an innovative park
visitor AI.  DeepMind itself first developed a generalized game AI to
play Atari 2600 games.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbsqaJwpu6A
gives a better idea of what they are about.

--
Terry Jan Reedy