psss...I want to move from Perl to Python

Sven R. Kunze srkunze at mail.de
Sat Jan 30 07:43:18 EST 2016

On 29.01.2016 23:49, Ben Finney wrote:
> "Sven R. Kunze" <srkunze at mail.de> writes:
>
>> On 29.01.2016 01:01, Fillmore wrote:
>>> How was the Python 2.7 vs Python 3.X solved? which version should I
>>> go for?
>> Python 3 is the new and better one.
> More importantly: Python 2 will never improve; Python 3 is the only one
> that is actively developed.

Exactly. The following story also confirms that: always use up-to-date
software (not only for security reasons).

We recently upgraded from Django 1.3 to 1.4 to 1.5 to 1.6 to 1.7 and now
to 1.8. It was amazing how much code (and workarounds) we could remove
by simply using standard Django tools (small things but used hundreds of
times).

Thus: Python 3.

Best,
Sven