Pyhon Icon

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Jan 29 21:55:02 EST 2016

On 1/29/2016 6:00 AM, Walter Nakatana wrote:

> Every time I install python , I don't see the icon on my desktop

Correct.  The Windows installer puts 5 icons-entries under a Python x.y
entry in the Start Menu (or All apps in Win 10).  It does not put any on
the desktop.  You can easily copy from Start Menu to Desktop if you
want.  Win 10 makes this much harder (I forget how I did it).

> neither in my C: drive

I do not understand 'icon in C: drive'.  If you use Windows Explorer,
you will find a Pythonxy either in the default location or wherever you
said to put it.

--
Terry Jan Reedy