psss...I want to move from Perl to Python

sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com sohcahtoa82 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 15:41:26 EST 2016

On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 6:34:34 PM UTC-8, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 1:06 PM, Paul Rubin <no.email at nospam.invalid> wrote:
> > Fillmore <fillmore_remove at hotmail.com> writes:
> >> I look and Python and it looks so much more clean....
> >
> > Yes it is, I forgot everything I knew about Perl shortly after starting
> > to use Python.
>
> https://xkcd.com/353/
>
> Particularly the hover text. :)
>
> ChrisA

I have this comic pinned to the outside wall of my cubicle at work, where I use Python for 98% of my work.

It's funny...when I first started using Python, I hated it because it held your hand and made everything too easy.  I was a major C, C++ and Java fanatic.  Now, I LOVE Python because it holds your hand and makes everything so easy.

I still like C and C++, but have basically learned that each language has it's place.  I wouldn't try to write a AAA-quality game in Python, just like I wouldn't write something that should be a simple 50-line Python script in C++.