pip install mitmproxy - fails on watchdog-0.8.3.tar.gz with "Permission denied" error (Python 2.7.11 on Win XP SP3);

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 14:56:56 EST 2016

On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 6:43 AM, Steve Petrie, P.Eng.
<apetrie at aspetrie.net> wrote:
> In case other Windows XP "orphans" want to use mitmdump, here's what I
> learned (via Google):
>
> I changed the bang line (wrapping the pathname in double quotes) in file
> mitmdump-script.py:
>
>   from: #!e:\a p p s\python27\python.exe
>      to: #!"e:\a p p s\python27\python.exe"

Spaces in names are often a pain. I'd raise this upstream as a bug
report - it should be fixed properly rather than depending on manual
editing.

> I haven't yet got mitmdump to actually write anything to the output file,
> but I expect that's just a matter of studying the mitmdump docs.

I'd say you'll do best with a mailing list dedicated to mitmdump; what
you're looking at now is application-specific issues.

> P.S. Be assured -- I will soon be moving away from Windows XP to a new
> computer running Debian Linux.

Good plan! That's what I use on all my systems. So many things are
easier when you move off XP.

ChrisA