wxpython strange behaviour

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 12:24:55 EST 2016

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Shiva Upreti <katewinslet626 at gmail.com> wrote:
> https://gist.github.com/anonymous/4baa67aafd04555eb4e6
>
> I wrote the above code to display a toasterbox, and I didnt want it to display any frames on the screen, just a toasterbox. The problem with this code is that it runs fine when I run it the first time, but when I run it next time it shows some error and the toasterbox doesnt disappear from the screen itself(it should though).
> Error message I got:
> https://gist.github.com/anonymous/f0d4ec685d2432c80a1

The first gist is short enough that it easily could have been included
inline in your message. The second gist is a 404 (looks like it may be
short one hex digit).

I haven't used wxPython in a while and I've never used that ToasterBox
widget, but I'll see what I can answer.

If you don't want any frames then you should probably use parent=None,
not parent=wx.Frame(None), which creates a frame. Also, the purpose of
the panel is unclear since it's never used.

When you say that you run it the next time, do you mean that you're
running this script twice, as two separate processes, and getting
different results? That seems strange. Or do you mean that you're
invoking this code multiple times in the same Python process?