Stop writing Python 4 incompatible code

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 13:40:03 EST 2016

On Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 11:41:21 AM UTC-6, Chris Angelico wrote:
> Prove this. Find "general public consensus" that Python is
> dead. And then, imitate rats and abandon this sinking
> ship.

I don't need to "imitate" anything, it has already begun.

> I decided to give 3D modelling a go, after watching some
> amazing work done on Twitch.tv. A lot of people recommend
> Maya, but I'd rather use GPL software than proprietary
> (particularly when the latter has a thousands-of-dollars
> price tag), so I grabbed Blender. Anyone want to hazard a
> guess as to the language Blender uses for scripting,
> expression evaluation, and so on?

Blender is a nice freeware modeling program, and is great
for organic modeling, animations, photo realistic rendering,
game creation, and yes, exposes a Pyhton API -- but what is
your point? The Python scripting features have been a part
of Blender for many years, back when Python3 was just a
"innocent mis-folded programming protein" rotting holes in
the BDFL's pre-frontal cortex. The existence of Python3 in
the wild, is merely evidence that the original PrP has
replicated exponentially.