SSL certification fails / tweepy [SOLVED]

K. Elo maillists at pp.inet.fi
Thu Jan 14 06:33:22 EST 2016

Hi!

14.01.2016, 09:59, dieter wrote:
> "SSL_VERIFICATION_FAILED" is an error which occurs when
> an SSL ("https") connection is established. It happens when
> the SSL certificate (of the server and/or client) does not contain
> expected data - e.g. the certificate is no longer (or not yet) valid
> or its subject does not reference the connected entity or the
> certificate chain cannot be verified.
>
> Look for Python documentation on SSL verification to learn how to
> properly set up things for successful verfication. Among others,
> you will need have somewhere information about trusted root certificates.

Thanks, dieter, for your reply. I have now re-installed both certificate
packages and (open)ssl related python packages - and now it works!

I still wonder why openSuSE certificates are not working out-of-box with
python. Maybe some of the packages were not correctly installed...

Anyway, thanks for your quick reply - the issue is now solved :)

Best,
Kimmo