Stop writing Python 4 incompatible code

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 00:18:46 EST 2016

On 01/13/2016 08:29 PM, Rick Johnson wrote:
> Of course. But when you leave things open for speculation,
> you enviably create a situation where rumors can start
> circulating. GvR is not just any "John Doe" engineer, no,
> he's the head of an open source community, and the community
> has a right to be concerned about the livelihood and well
> being of their leader.

The only one speculating is you.  Everything I've read points to this
idea of yours about GvR and Google being untrue.  You have presented no
evidence for your accusation, so given the evidence I have seen that
contradicts you, I must conclude that you made it. That's the part I
take issue with and why I stopped to feed the troll, much to the chagrin
of everyone else.

> We have a *RIGHT* to be worried Chris, because our livelihoods are
> directly dependent on Python.

I don't know who the "we" you're talking about is, but if your
livelihood depends on Python's existence and development in a certain
direction, then I suggest you hire GvR--that's what Dropbox did and they
don't seem too worried about Python's future.  Python's doing just fine,
but you should be able to adapt to any programming language suitable for
your job at hand.