Which Python editor has this feature?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 20:09:42 EST 2016

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 11:55 AM, Bernardo Sulzbach
<mafagafogigante at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 10:14 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Next IDLE feature request: Can you make it so that, across all
>> platforms, it magically installs PostgreSQL and psycopg2? That would
>> solve so many of my students' problems...
>>

> Wouldn't this make the installer much bigger?

Yes, and it's also completely and utterly inappropriate. But I am
seeing a lot of cool magic getting added to Idle. Since I met Python,
it's gone from being "well, yeah, Python *does* include a GUI, but
it's pretty unexciting compared to others" to "Python includes a
pretty decent editor, but it's (unsurprisingly) Python-specific, so I
don't use it for multilingual work".

Shout-out to Terry and the other Idle devs for the work they've put in. Thanks!

ChrisA