PyFladesk :: create GUI apps by Python and HTML, CSS and Javascript.

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 09:37:35 EST 2016

On 01/07/2016 08:54 PM, jacob Kruger wrote:
> I would definitely like to try out something like this - I am primarily
> a web developer, and, partly since am 100% blind, any form of GUI design
> is at times an issue for me, whereas I have been working with HTML
> markup layouts for almost 20 years now, but, which versions of python
> should this work with, and, what does it actually then use to
> generate/handle GUI interface? Ask since, some of the GUI frameworks are
> not too accessible themselves.

This project is simply a web browser (qtwebkit) embedded in a bare
window that automatically loads a python-based web application you write
separately.  That's all it is.  It's not a GUI toolkit or even a
web-based GUI toolkit.  It's primary purpose is to allow you to wrap up
a Python-based web app (using Flask, but I have no doubt it could handle
Django) in a little self-contained package so you can run it as if it
were a standalone app. Kind of like how Google Chrome let's you take a
url and make a virtual app out of it.