imshow keeps crashhing

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Thu Jan 7 11:49:11 EST 2016

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 18:37, William Ray Wing wrote:
> Is this a typo or did you really mean /private/vars?  That is, did your
> create a “vars” directory under /private at some point in the past
> (pre-Yosemite)?  The usual directory there would be /var
>
> In any case, the whole /private directory tree is now part of the SIP
> (System Integrity Protection) system under Yosemite, and to open and
> manipulate files there you will have to either turn SIP off or jump
> through hoops.  If you do a ls -al in /private, you will see that var is

/private/var/folders/...... is for per-user temporary directories
[default value of TMPDIR], and the directories in question are writable
by the users and not affected by SIP. But it's hidden (since people
aren't expected to actually want to navigate to their temporary files -
how often do you actually go look for something in /tmp?).

I would suggest creating his files in the desktop or documents folder if
he wants to be able to interactively use the files.