imshow keeps crashhing

William Ray Wing wrw at mac.com
Wed Jan 6 18:37:58 EST 2016

> On Jan 6, 2016, at 6:10 PM, darren.mcaffee at gmail.com wrote:
>
> Thanks for the quick reply!
>
> So scipy is making temporary files in /private/vars/folders/w4/<long dir name>/

Is this a typo or did you really mean /private/vars?  That is, did your create a “vars” directory under /private at some point in the past (pre-Yosemite)?  The usual directory there would be /var

In any case, the whole /private directory tree is now part of the SIP (System Integrity Protection) system under Yosemite, and to open and manipulate files there you will have to either turn SIP off or jump through hoops.  If you do a ls -al in /private, you will see that var is

	drwxr-xr-x 29 root wheel 986 Oct 23 11:20 var

note the “root” and “wheel” owner and group names. I’d suggest moving your tests to a different directory that isn’t part of SIP, and debug there. If you MUST work under /private, you will have your work cut out for you.

-Bill