raise None

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 01:39:35 EST 2016

On Monday, January 4, 2016 at 11:42:51 AM UTC+5:30, Dan Sommers wrote:
> > I'm saddened but not astonished at just how much opposition there is
> > to point (1) ...
>
> I'll echo the sentiment that we're all adults here, and my opinion that
> if you're reading tracebacks, then you want as much information as
> possible, even if it seemed irrelevant to the library author at the
> time.

And I am saddened at how often mediocre Linux system software can throw a
traceback at me -- sometimes for things as basic as a missing command-line parameter.
Increasingly often a python traceback.

I guess most people here are programmers (and adults) but sometimes we want
to wear a different hat (I think).
Being a vanilla user of your OS is often one such time