Everything good about Python except GUI IDE?

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Sat Feb 27 13:35:17 EST 2016

wrong.address.1 at gmail.com:

> In the 1980s everyone was happy with inputs from the command line on a
> line editor, but today people expect GUIs with graphics and often even
> animations.

I don't know who these "people" are, but GUIs certainly have their uses.
If you are doing your work professionally, I suppose product management
tells you what features are needed in the product.

> It is surprising that a language which seems very popular does not
> have GUI development infrastructure in place these many years after it
> got into common use.

It's suprprising that there don't seem to be good GUI applications in
existence. Web apps are notoriously bad. (My relatively small
experiences with GUI development suggest GUI builders are to blame for
the bad GUIs much of the time.)

Marko